Thursday, April 16, 2015

Once Saved, Always Saved?

I’m excited about this post.  This was a big question I had growing up, and no one could answer it with confidence. So I feel very honored and privileged to have the answer today:

YES!!!  WITHOUT A DOUBT, YES!!

Once saved, ALWAYS saved!

Dad loves you!!!  He is love! He created you because he wanted someone else to love…forever!!

Here’s the truth.  Only Dad can help you.  Only Dad can give you everything you want.  Only Dad can make you feel good, every minute of every day.  He doesn’t want you to be afraid of him; he wants you to feel safe and secure!  He is obsessed with you and loves to tell you how awesome you are.
But you won’t go to Dad if you think he’s mad at you.  Or disappointed; or has forsaken you.  So let’s get rid of that fear!

“Never will I leave you nor forsake you.” (Heb 13:5).  Never means never.  But then there’s the argument, “Well, God won’t forsake me, but I could choose to forsake him!”  Really?  You sure about that? 

Let me ask you this question: “Don’t you know that you are a temple of God, and that his spirit dwells in you?” (1 Cor 3:16).  How are you gonna kick him out of the house he made inside you? (John 14:23).  Ooh, I know!  Maybe with sin?! 
Haha!!  That would probably draw him even closer (as if he could get any closer)!  The world was full of sin when Jesus came.  “Where sin increased, grace increased even more” (Rom 5:20).  Good luck kicking him out with sin! 

And speaking of sin, what about this verse: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more!” (Heb 10:17).  How could he send you to hell if he doesn’t remember your sins?  You might say, “Well, that’s ridiculous!  Of course he remembers our sins!”  Uh, no.  God is God.  He can do anything he wants.  If he chose to forget our sins, he did!

And what about this verse: “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has gone, the new has come” (2 Cor 5:17).  You’re a new creation!  You were never going to hell because of what you did anyways; you were going because of what Adam did (Rom 5:19).  Now, you’re going to Heaven (for sure!) because of what Jesus did, not because of what you did!  You’re a butterfly now!  Not a caterpillar.  He made you a new creation; unable to change back into a caterpillar! 

Finally, John 14:16-17 (this is Jesus talking): “I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever…he lives with you and in you”.  Dang.  That sounds pretty permanent to me!

Listen, I know why people are focused on eternal salvation, which is why I wrote about it.  But Jesus didn’t come so that we can just go to heaven.  “I have come so that they may have life, and life more abundantly” (John 10:10).  He came so that we can have everything…right now!  If all you’re doing is waiting for Heaven, that’s ok.  But you could be pulling Heaven down here, on Earth!  Things like hearing Dad’s voice audibly, feeling his presence intensely, getting drunk off his Spirit daily, raising people from the dead, prophesying, getting raptured up to Heaven weekly, teleporting around the world, and so much more!

Eternal life is not Heaven, it is knowing Dad (John 17:3).  Increase your confidence of Dad’s love for you so that you can move past the “Heaven/Hell” discussion and experience everything that’s rightfully yours…today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment